We are seeking a highly skilled, experienced, and passionate Full Stack Engineer with a focus on DevOps and SysOps to join join as an early member of our growing team. This unique position demands a technology-savvy professional with a strong background in full stack development along with a deep understanding of DevOps and SysOps methodologies.
In this role, you will take ownership of our cloud services and infrastructure, guiding the evolution of our AWS setup, ensuring seamless scaling to meet business needs, crafting robust APIs for efficient backend operations, and driving continuous enhancements to optimize performance and resilience of deployed services.
Givzey is a Boston-based, rapidly growing digital fundraising solutions company, built by fundraisers for nonprofit organizations. Givzey created the first Gift Agreement Platform for fundraising, which empowers fundraisers to secure giving and bookable revenue with Digital Gift Agreements, while leadership gains intricate forecasting knowledge all year long. With Givzey, fundraisers can quickly and easily scale the gift agreement and gift pledge process to donors of all sizes to increase giving, hone predictability, and provide a world-class donor experience.
Systems Engineer responsibilities are:
- Develop front-end and back-end components of our applications, ensuring optimal performance, quality, and responsiveness.
- Drive the adoption and execution of DevOps practices such as infrastructure automation, continuous integration/continuous deployment, and automated testing.
- Take responsibility for the management, enhancement, and monitoring of our AWS cloud infrastructure, ensuring that it effectively scales with the evolving needs of the business and maintains high availability.
- Design, develop, and implement innovative tools to automate operational processes, eliminating the need for manual intervention and enhancing overall system efficiency.
- Play a central role in the architecture, design, and maintenance of the server environment, effectively becoming the steward of our Systems Operations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve live production issues, contributing to the continued reliability and high availability of our services.
Systems Engineer requirements are:
- 5+ years' experience of working on a Computer Software Engineer or Back-End Developer position
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role.
- Solid understanding of DevOps and SysOps principles and tools, including experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Working knowledge of cloud services (AWS, GCP, or Azure) and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- Knowledge of Python a must
- Excellent understanding of the entire web development process (design٫ development and deployment) and application lifecycle
- Strong analytical and time management skills
- Good teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Be a member of a world-class team focused on inventing solutions that have the ability to impact the world
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack and contribute daily to all parts of our product code base
- Spearhead the operations of our AWS cloud infrastructure, ensuring its scalability, robustness, and efficiency align with our growing business needs.
- Continuously monitor system performance, troubleshoot issues, and implement improvements to uphold the integrity of our deployed features.
- Work closely with our customers, founders, team members and Board to understand customer pain points, develop solutions, and prototype, iterate, and deploy code on regular cycles